Wabash Duraplate HD
Introduced in 2003, the DuraPlate HD® provides best-in-class strength and durability. The high-strength aluminum base plate in the lower sidewall withstands the most abusive freight hauls and resists damage from exterior sideswipes. This model is ideally suited for both general freight and heavy-haul freight such as paper, automotive parts and carpet.
ID/Aux Stop Light System The new ID/Stop Light System integrates auxiliary brake light indicator functionality with the upper rear ID lights – providing better visibility of trailer braking.
DuraPlate Doors with the TrustLock Plus System Lightweight and extremely durable, DuraPlate composite swing doors resist corrosion and impact damage to lower your maintenance costs. Swing doors come standard with our proprietary TrustLock Plus® System. DuraPlate overhead door designs are also available.
Top Rail Connection Unlike other composite plate trailer designs, our top rail connects to the exterior of the trailer sidewall, eliminating potential and significant leak points.
DuraPlate® Composite Plate Sidewalls DuraPlate panels are constructed of a high-density polyethylene core bonded between two high-strength steel skins to provide unmatched damage resistance and maximum interior width. DuraPlate sidewall panels are made in the U.S.A. and backed by a 10-year warranty.*
High-Strength Floor System Rated at 20,000 lb., our full 1-3/8” oak floor system with bolted crossmember connections provides superior floor strength to support high-cycle loading/unloading and extends floor life. Floor systems with higher load ratings are also available.
High-Strength Floor System Rated at 20,000 lb., our full 1-3/8” oak floor system with bolted crossmember connections provides superior floor strength to support high-cycle loading/unloading and extends floor life. Floor systems with higher load ratings up to 28,000 lb. are available.
Heavy-Duty Base Plate 22” high aluminum base plate eliminates the need for an interior scuff liner and provides unmatched resistance to interior and exterior damage.
Stainless Steel Lower Nose Rail Heavy-duty, stainless steel lower nose rail with approach angle resists damage and corrosion in this high-impact area.
- Dimensions: 53' x 102-3/8 x 13'6"
- Front interior height: 110-1/4"
- Rear interior height: 111-1/4"
- Interior width sidewall to sidewall: 101"
- GVWR: 68,000 lb. / 30,845 kg
- GAWR: 20,000 lb. / 9,072 kg
- 4" coupler
- 3/16" x 50K approach plate with .290" x 50K grid plate
- Kingpin with zinc anodes corrosion protection
- One-piece extruded aluminum header
- 5" radius corner post constructed with .125" heavy-duty extruded aluminum
- 6-post nose with structural corner posts, hat channels mounted with four 5/16" steel bolts and 1/4" rivet connections around perimeter
- Heavy-duty, 3/16" stainless steel lower nose rail
- DuraPlate composite panels with a limited 10-year warranty*
- Flat seam design allows top rail connection to the outside panel
- Recessed logistic seam on 50" vertical centers rated at 1,880 lb. working load
- 22" high extruded aluminum base rail in lower sidewall
- DuraPlate panels made in the U.S.A
- 20,000-lb. dynamic load rating
- Full, 1-3/8" thick laminated oak floorboards installed with three screws per board, per crossmember
- 4" steel or aluminum crossmembers on 12" centers in bay, steel crossmembers over sub frame and landing gear, 8" centers in rear 2'
- Steel bolted crossmember attachment
- .040" aluminum roof sheet wrapped over top rail edge
- 18-gauge steel anti-snag roof bows mounted on 24" centers
- Carbon steel with ultra high-zinc epoxy primer and polyester power-coated for corrosion resistance. Galvanized and stainless steel options available.
- Carbon steel rear impact guard with outboard vertical bumper legs meets U.S. Department of Transportation and Transport Canada requirements
- 5/16" steel base plate in rear sill with 1/2" post protection
- Eyebrow and vertical light protection
- 3-1/2" rear header with integral gutter
- DuraPlate composite swing doors with aluminum 4-hole hinge / five hinges per door
- TrustLock Plus® System comprised of a lower sill design and a lock rod with integral door holdback, 1 per door
- SAF UltraLite™ mechanical suspension or Hendrickson VANTRAAX®HKANT 40 air suspension with Hendrickson QUIK-DRAW®
- Meritor® Axle with parallel "P" spindle wheel ends
- Haldex Gold Seal® brake chamber with S-ABA slack adjuster
- Meritor MA212 long-life brake linings
- Maxion Wheels 5HH white powder-coated lightweight steel wheels
- Intercostal crossmember bracing and JOST landing gear
- All LED lights
- Wabash National 3.0 sealed harness system
- DuraPlate® AeroSkirt® and other brands of trailer side skirts
- DuraPlate nose
- DuraPlate nose liner
- Floor packages available in laminated oak, aluminum, composite and combination kits
- Floor systems available from 20,000 lb. to 28,000 lb.
- ID/AUX Stoplight System
- Leaf spring and air suspensions
- Lightweight options to reduce weight and/or increase payload
- Multiple axle configurations
- Scuff liners available in wood, steel, aluminum and plastic in various heights
- EPA SmartWay® certification
- Tire inflation systems
- Tire pressure monitoring systems
- Vertical and horizontal interior logistics
- Wide-base tires